Join me on my journey to be the best

Join me on my journey to be the best.


Monday, March 6, 2017

Passive Income: Idea 1- Start a YouTube Channel

The whole point of the passive income retirement plan is to have money coming in that you don't have to work for....it just comes in.  Since starting and maintaining a YouTube channel is going to be a lot of work, it doesn't quite fit the true meaning of passive income.  However, once your channel is up and running with videos and you have followers, the ad money can begin coming in by people watching your videos.  So it is kind of similar to royalties.  And since I am already doing research and writing about things, I may as well make a video that might some day make me money.

Before we can even begin thinking about making money, we have to go to work and make a channel people will want to see.  If nobody cares about your content, then nobody will watch your videos and you will not get any ad money.  Since my channel will cover several similar subjects, I believe that I have content that people will search and that there is a good chance that someone will watch a short video that I post.  So the first step is to come up with a plan.

I already know who my target audience will be:  males, 18 and older, who are horseplayers, gamblers, chartists, or any individual looking up any of the Passive Income ideas I post about.  It seems like most people have a relatively short attention span, so my videos will be short and to the point, but still have the information they are looking for.  My channel will be organized into playlists for each different subject.

Once I have that situated, I will go to work on making a video.  To make it as professional as possible, I will start by making a script.  Since all of my information is already written down on my blog posts, this should not be difficult.  After I make the script, I will record the video.  I have a video camera and my phone to help with that.  Once the video is made, I will upload it to YouTube, edit, then post.

The articles that I have read make it seem like the key to developing a successful channel is to develop followers.  In order to do that, they recommend first focusing on making your channel a professional place that people will want to come to watch your videos, then worrying about monetizing it.  As soon as you have followers, you can monetize your channel for ad revenue, and sell merchandise.  I have found many places that will make cheap merchandise like shirts and other novelties that your followers might purchase.

I will post more once I try some things and make progress.  The goal for me is to have everything up and running by next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment