Join me on my journey to be the best

Join me on my journey to be the best.


Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Break the Rules

When it comes to solving problems, you can follow the rules or you can break them.  I was taught from a young age to follow the rules, and look where it got me.  Don't get me wrong, I love my life and my family, but I can't help but think that I'm capable of so much more.  I'm not suggesting breaking the law, I just mean the rules that the "experts" have established for the most common things we do.  Go to school, get a safe job, get married, buy a house, have kids, save your money, and retire at age 60.  All these rules do is leave us with stressful, debt filled lives with no guarantees of anything at the end.  It seems like the people who get ahead are the ones who break those rules.

One of the most brilliant minds ever belonged to Albert Einstein.  What helped make him able to solve some of the most complex problems of an unknown universe was his ability to avoid habits, conditioning, and stuckness.  His approach was to learn everything about a problem and then surrender to unknown possibilities.  He had no emotion or preconceived notions.

This is one area where I have struggled in the past.  I have subscribed to a certain set of rules and tried to succeed only to end up no better than anybody else.  This is where breaking the rules will come in for me.  I plan on studying different subjects and the different philosophies and techniques within them, but instead of following a set of rules, treating each situation differently and using all of my knowledge.

Whether it's handicapping horse races, reading charts, or trading,  I need to remove all emotion and preconceived notions.  I need to surrender to unknown possibilities and consider all outcomes.  Every situation is different, and I will be adaptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment