Join me on my journey to be the best

Join me on my journey to be the best.


Thursday, February 16, 2017

Motivation 1: The Expanding Brain

When faced with a problem, the first step toward solving it is to ask the right questions.  In order to solve the problem of why I set out to learn certain things and then fail, the first place I need to look is within.  This is something most people never do.  They look outward for the cause, which is why most people never solve them.  Who or what is holding me back?  Everyone has an excuse for failure.

When I ask myself exactly what it is I am doing to cause my failure, a couple of things come to mind right away.  The first problem is that I don't make time.  I need to devote time every day toward reaching my goals.  The second problem is the subject of this post, and that is that I am stuck in my ways.

Most people will learn about a subject from someone or something, and that is how you do it.  You hear people all the time argue a topic and site only one source.  In a book I'm reading called Super Brain, it suggests that it's possible to expand your brain.  The reason most adults (myself included) fail at learning new things is that they get tunnel vision.  They learned something, and that's how it's done.  There is one way to do something, and if it fails, they fail.  The trick, then, is to open your mind to new ideas about the same thing.  Learning something new and expanding on the old information you already knew, will allow you to see things differently.  If what you have been doing is failing, then the solution is not to give up because it is impossible, but to try learning a new way.

For a baby, every day is a new world to explore.  They don't get set in a fixed pattern, they are constantly exploring, which is why their development is so great at that time.  As adults, we get set in our routines and never explore new worlds, which is why we stop developing.  With this blog I plan on constantly exploring new ideas in the subjects that I once failed at.  I will enter this new learning with an opened mind, and allow the new information to expand on the old.  Exploring new worlds usually opens people's eyes and encourages them to keep exploring.  If your brain is continuously expanding, then you are continuously giving yourself new tools to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment